Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mark Cuban says sorry - what a crybaby

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4160606

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, locked in a verbal sideshow with Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin ever since Saturday's Game 3 of the playoff series against Dallas, apologized to Martin and his mother in his latest posting on his blog.

The billionaire team owner has been accused of calling Martin a "thug" or a "punk," depending on the account, but as Cuban said on the early Tuesday morning posting, "That has become irrelevant."

"I shouldn't have said anything. Now, the reality is that this has gotten out of hand," Cuban wrote on blogmaverick.com, with the posting titled, "An Apology to Kenyon Martin's Mom."


Mike and Mike in the Morning
ESPN NBA analyst Jon Barry breaks down the NBA playoffs. He says Mark Cuban's comments to Kenyon Martin's mother were way out of line. Jon also thinks that as well as the Cavs are playing, they will lose in five games to the Lakers in the NBA Finals.

More Podcasts »

"When tempers and such start impacting the fan experience both in Dallas and Denver, and it requires special security, that's not what I want for Mavs or Nuggets fans. No one takes more abuse and gets more threats on the road than I do. So I know exactly how it feels," Cuban wrote. "I've also had my family and friends spit on at games in this series. So I know how unpleasant that is as well.

"So at this point I would like to apologize to you and your mom, KMart, for my comment. I should have not said anything and I was wrong. Hopefully you will accept the apology and we can move on."

No comments: