Thursday, April 16, 2009

New York Yankee fans happy with new staduim - more taxes for them lol

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2009/04/yankee_fans_create_buzz_as_the.html

NEW YORK -- Pretty cool scene even at the airport, where I saw tons of Yankee fans piling into cabs headed straight to the new ballpark from the terminal. They're coming in from all over. The guys in front of me, all in their Yankees gear, said they had seats in front of one of the bullpens. I'd take those on Thursday.

I think the term "buzz" gets used way too much. In this case, it's totally accurate.

"It will be a big moment," said CC Sabathia, who starts for the Yankees on Thursday. "I'm glad it's a day game so I don't get blinded by all those flashes."

Anyway, I'm in a cab speeding toward the Bronx now. More in a bit.

No comments: