Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kentucky Basketball - feelings about the 2008-2009 season

As a long time Kentucky fan, I am a little worried about the upcoming Basketball season. Last year team was the worst team I'd ever witness besides the team that was on probation due to Sutton. My dad who is 75, has seen hundreds of UK games and dozens of UK teams in his life. He like me, agreed this was one of the worst UK teams he had ever seen.

If Meeks can stay healthy, UK may be alright. I believe his health will be the factor on whether or not we see another 18 and 13 team, or a 25 and 8 team ranked in the top 25.

We already know that Patrick Patterson is a beast. Unless he gets hurt, I look for him to have a breakout season. I am predicting him averaging around 19 a game and pulling down 9 boards a game. He will also be a contender for SEC player of the year.

The point guard position is what scares me. Unlike U of L, that has 3 or 4 guys who can bring the ball up court, who can we trust at UK? Being a UK fan I am used to Sean Woods,Anthony Epps, Wayne Turner and Travis Ford. Bradley could score but lacked all other skills of being a true point guard. UK looks no better, and sadly, even worse this year. I look for teams like U of L that have good back courts to totally destroy UK this year.

Since practices really prove nothing, I can only judge UK on what I see on paper. I hate to say this, but I see another bad team. I am not sure the total numbers of games they play, but put me down for them going 20 and 12, and losing in the first round again.

No comments: